Office of Institutional Studies
Welcome to the Office of Institutional Studies
The Office of Institutional Studies (OIS) collects and shares a range of data to support planning and administration efforts throughout the University. The Office also serves as the contact point for requests from external institutions about the University. We are responsible for accurate and timely submission of mandated Federal and State reports.
The Office of Institutional Studies prepares mandatory reports required by the Arkansas Department of Higher Education (ADHE), Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) of the U.S. Department of Education and the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) as well as responds to internal and external ad hoc inquiries and requests for data and analysis. The office also provides management information and analytical support to University’s decision makers in order to support strategic planning and policy-making.
OIS Primary Functions
- developing, collecting, and communicating measures of institutional effectiveness
- providing management information and policy analysis
- promoting the university’s planning process
- compiling and reporting mandated information
UAMS Institutional Studies and Educational Data
- Applicants (Applications, Acceptances, and Enrollment)
- Student Enrollments and Headcounts
- Student Enrollment by County
- Special Reports
- Includes Retention, Graduation, Job Placement & Exam Pass Rates
Request for Data
The Office of Institutional Studies supplies chiefly education data but may also be able to supply limited information on education programs, faculty and other selected institutional information, for example, annual extramural research awards. If you would like to request data, please contact Assistant Director of Institutional Studies Jean Chen by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at 501-296-1245 to submit your request.
- University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville – UARK
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock – UALR
- University of Arkansas System
- Arkansas Department of Higher Education
- UAMS Academic Senate
- Higher Learning Commission